A personal service
We pride ourselves on the level of service given to each and every client. Great care and attention is taken not only in meeting our client’s expectations, but going above and beyond to exceed them. Our staff are experts in their field, enthusiastic and passionate about property. Our negotiators compromise to put our clients’ interests first, so that late evening viewing past closing hours – not a problem.
Achieving the best price
Achieving the highest price for your property is a priority for us, during both our lettings and sales process. Our brand attracts hundreds of professional and qualified applicants a month – enthusiastically searching for rental properties in and around London. This, along with our expert agents’ accurate valuations and prominent marketing ensures that reliable and professional individuals tenant your property as fast as possible, minimizing void periods and maximising your rental return.
One of our company mottos is: “You don’t get a second chance to make a first impression!” Giving viewers a great first impression is imperative to us. We like to set the bar high with presentation, so our skilled in-house photographers will snap professional, wide-angle photos of your home so that its true potential is exposed to all, before they even take a step through the door.
Our photos are to be used and published alongside marketing literature and detailed property particulars which will be made available on all leading property portals such as Rightmove, Zoopla and Primelocation – such illustration will guarantee that your home stands out from the crowd!
We understand that for a client’s asset to be successfully let or sold it must be publicized to as large an audience as possible. That’s why we market to a nationwide audience using the UK’s most visited property portals: Rightmove and Zoopla.
Despite receiving proposals from other portals offering membership at alluringly-low prices, with our landlords’ best interests at heart we opted against these offers as they were conditional to us dropping either one of Rightmove or Zoopla. Statistics show that both Rightmove and Zoopla are undeniably the most-visited property portals in the UK; so that’s where we’ll continue to market your assets – to the widest audience possible.
With over 20 years of experience in residential and commercial property management, we understand that an effective management service comes down to excellent communication. Our lettings negotiators and property managers are exceptional communicators – and by building strong relationships with you and your tenants, we’ll ensure the management of your property runs smooth and efficiently.
Our property management service is aimed to give you complete peace of mind and dismiss you of the stress and demands that being a full-time landlord brings. Whether you’re an experienced buy-to- let investor or just starting out with your first rental property, we’ll be happy to style a bespoke property management service that suits you best!
Dedicated property manager
Tenants residing in our managed properties are given a dedicated property manager and a 24-hour emergency helpline, so you won’t be disturbed at any time with pesky maintenance calls! They’ll ensure that your home adheres to all legal and safety obligations before, and during the term of the tenancy. Your property manager will be on hand to take care of the everyday management of your property and any further complex issues, including emergency repairs.
Keeping costs to a low
Our longstanding relationship with expert and carefully vetted contractors allows for us to handle and instruct maintenance repairs and upkeeps at outstandingly low costs.
As proprietors, we’re intent on calculating expenses and maintenance costs whilst bearing consideration to your on-going outflows; such as mortgage repayments, insurance costs and/or service charges.
We’ll even pay for a repair if its cost is £50 or less, up to three times a year – no ridiculous charges and call out fees for having a bulb changed!
Collecting your rent
Hawkes invest in the latest and best of property management and accounting systems allowing for us to effectively track, collect and forward approaching rental payments without delay.
Quarterly inspections of your home
Many a time a tenant may dismiss the trivial and ‘minor’ leak from the kitchen; or simply be oblivious to it. These may seem of little to no concern at first, but can grow to cause major issues if left untreated or even worse, unseen.
For this reason, our property managers will schedule quarterly inspections with your tenant to avoid any small repairs turning in to large ones.
Transfer of utilities
Our accounts department will ensure the utility accounts are appropriately set up or transferred to the new tenant’s names upon their move-in. We’ll take meter readings upon your tenant’s move-in too, so that the previous occupants’ closing bill is an accurate on.
Presenting your home
Presentation goes a long way. The way your home is displayed on marketing platforms will have a direct impact on buyers and renters first impressions, and may even be the foremost deciding factor in how much your property will achieve on the rental market. You don’t get a second chance to make a first impression – that’s why professional photos of your home are imperative.
Before an agent has begun marketing your property, you should decide whether you want to let your property furnished or unfurnished. It is key to be able to market to as large an audience as possible, so flexibility with furnishings is an advantage. Walls and any furnishings should be kept to neutral colours. A well-kept property will attract great tenants; and sometimes a lick of paint is all that’s needed to bring your property’s splendour back to life!
Here are a few helpful tips to get you started:
From the outside
- Start by choosing a bright day with clear skies
- Have any vehicles from the front/drive of the property moved
- Remove bins, waste and any other clutter from the front of the property
- Cut down any grass and remove any wildflowers growing in/around the lawn and garden
- Redecorate or recoat where any dilapidated/worn paint is visible (advisable on all arrears internally and externally)
- Clean all windows
- Ensure the reception is free of clutter
- Pull back curtains and remove any nettings to allow natural light to flow freely
- Items such as photo frames, DVDs, tissue boxes and magazines should be removed from sight
- Remove children’s toys out of sight
- Hide out of sight all electrical cables, such as cables for landline phones, TVs, desk lamps, DVD players, musical players and games consoles
- Set dining room tables
- Remove any throws and arrange cushions in a symmetrical fashion
- Make sure all bulbs are in working order and replace those that are not
- Regularly open windows to allow fresh air to flow through the house
- spray fresh aromas to give off a homely feeling to viewers
- Remove all personal items such as photo frames, ornaments on windowsills and general clutter on bedside tables (tissue boxes, glass cases, electrical devices/chargers)
- Make the bed and choose good-quality bed linen, especially for photos
- Place flowers in a vase to add a touch of colour to the room
- Move storage containers out of sight
- Pull back curtains and remove any nettings to allow natural light to flow freely Kitchen
- Clear all worktop space of clutter
- Move food items out of sight
- Have bins taken out of sight
- Ensure all dishes are stored away
- Remove personal items that may be in sight, such as photo frames, ornaments and fridge magnets
- Ensure that worktop and kitchen appliances are grease and dirt-free
- Remove all clutter, such as hair and body products out of sight
- Remove all make-up products out of sight
- Ensure the floors, mirrors and bath/shower enclosure are kept free of watermarks
- Keep the toilet lid down
- Have bath towels folded and kept in a neat manner
- Regularly open windows to clear humidity and allow fresh air in